Am I the only one that’s noticed the eerie similarity between breakfast foods (cereals particularly) and the concept of “stealing"? I mean, think about it. We have:
- Leggo my Eggo - someone’s trying to steal your Eggo waffles, presumably
- Lucky Charms - the kids are trying to steal the cereal from the leprechaun
- Fruity Pebbles - Barney is always trying to steal Fred’s fruity pebbles
- Trix - The “silly rabbit” is always trying to steal the cereal from the kids
- Cookie Crisp - for a long time they had the cookie crook as the mascot, then changed it to the cookie-stealing wolf who is always trying to steal the cookies
And these are just the one’s I’ve noticed. What other subliminal criminal references are out there? And why isn’t anyone trying to steal my Cheerios? And why is it contained to breakfast foods… or is it? Hmmm…..